Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Matthew Willams {Canada} [accepted]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams

Matthew Willams {Canada} [accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Matthew Willams {Canada} [accepted]   Matthew Willams {Canada} [accepted] EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Matthew Williams
Matthew Willams {Canada} [accepted] 190234-1-2
"Did you know that the Canadian shield is the result of glacial erosion? No? Bet'cha didn't know I'm not Alfred, either."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hello, Matthew Willams.

» Is there anything you would rather be called?
Matthew's fine, although I'm alright with most nicknames. 'Mattie', 'Matt'...'Hey you'.... I find nicknames to be a personal sign that people care. I.. really actually like them.

As long as no one calls me 'Alfred'.

» Great, now that we've got that covered. How old are you?
My age? You certainly don't beat around the bush, eh? [smiles] I'm 18. I hope I actually look it...

» You know, has anyone ever told you that you look exactly like...?
I'm not Alfred! Sure, I may look like him a little, but we're brothers! There are so many things he has that I don't and vice versa, I really don't see how everyone mistakes me for him. [sighs] What's so great about Alfred anyways?

» Thanks! Slipped my mind. Now, do you know the super secret code word?
Of course I do! It's lights, camera, action!

...R-right?

Let's talk about your personality.

» What are a few of your favorite things?
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens~ [laughs] Sorry, I couldn't help myself there. Favourite things, eh? Well, I'm quite fond of maple syrup, oh, and pancakes! Especially together. I usually don't eat much, but I seem to have a bottomless pit for a stomach when it comes to pancakes. I love snow, it's so calming to look at and think about. I-I mean, all it is is frozen water, but it's right in front of you, and in-between your fingers and you can shape it and mould it but it's just water. And have you ever wondered where it came from? What it used to be before it was snow? There are so many questions we don't know the answers to. [grins] I'm sorry. I got a little carried away.

I've been told that I'm quite the existentialist, and well, it's true. I like thinking about questions we'll never know the answers to. I like wondering. I suppose I like doing that because I'm also a pessimist. I have a habit of always thinking of the worst thing that could happen and preparing myself for it. But that can be seen as just being cautious, right?

I enjoy reading books, and quiet places. Oh! And the little things. Waking up before the sun, the sound of waves crashing against the shore, crisp breezes, tea, roaring fireplaces in the dead of winter. Things like that. I-It doesn't take much to make me happy.

My favourite animal is the polar bear. I really find it amazing that they can look so calm and cute, yet they're the only bear that actually stalks and hunts humans. It's as if they have a duel nature...

I'm an avid hockey player too, and I'd like to think I'm pretty good at it. It's a great way to let loose and get out all my pent up aggravation. I love winning. I guess that's one thing my brother and I share - we're both competitive.

Not to boast or anything - heavens, no - I love the friends I have. They are my treasures, and they're always there for me. I hope to make more, and sometimes I get a little angry that it's so hard to. I'm always either forgotten, ignored, or mistaken for my brother. Alfred is also one of my favourite things. Even though he can be annoying, I still love him to pieces. [smiles]

»That's interesting. Is there anything you absolutely dislike?
There are plenty of things I hate. Everyone has things they hate. I hate losing. It's the downfall of being competitive. I also really dislike when people forget or ignore me, OR mistake me for Al. I'm Matthew Williams! Me! Not Alfred.

I don't like loud noises, especially things like bad music, parties, or concerts. I also don't like crowds. Sometimes I contradict myself and dislike being alone. I hate getting angry, as I tend to lose control when I'm angry. It's hard trying to think rationally.

I'm a strict tea drinker, so it's not a surprise that I absolutely won't drink coffee. Besides, it's horrible stuff.

» Hm, what is your greatest fear?
Large spaces. Large, empty, spaces. I can't stand them. It feels like I'm the last person on the planet. It's cold and lonely and I just... hate it.

» Yeah, that is scary. Do you have any dreams for the future?
D-dreams? Well, yes, I do. I'd like to continue my schooling and eventually become a polar bear researcher and keeper. They've been my favourite animal since I was a kid. I also want to make more friends, a-as cheesy as it sounds.

» Wow, I hope you succeed. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
I'm a very simplistic sort of person. As I mentioned before, I'm an existentialist and I'm pessimistic too. Though I tend to believe everything will turn out horribly, it's still really easy to throw me off and change my expectations. Sometimes I think I do it on purpose, just so I can be proved wrong, can be proved that things are better then I think they are.

I'm an advocate of peace and of talking through problems instead of fighting about them, however, I'm also a bit of a hypocrite with that. It takes a lot to get me angry, but when I do I... tend to use violence almost immediately.

So far so good. Now for history.

» So tell me, where are you from? What did you think of it?
((This is subject to change when an Alfred comes along))
I was born and raised in Canada, although my father was originally from the States. Maybe it's because I've never lived anywhere else, but I've always thought that Canada is such a wonderful place to live. I love it here.

Well, with the exception of the bustling parts of city. Too many people for my liking...

» Do you have any other family? Parents? Siblings? Extended? What do you think about them?
I have parents, of course. I also, as mentioned, have a brother. Alfred.

I love my family dearly, although sometimes they can get on my nerves. Especially Al. I know he means well, but there are times where he doesn't realize that he's not actually doing the right thing. And he's too stubborn to change his mind! Honestly, he's like a little kid. But...I do love him. [smiles]

» What is your worst memory/memories?
Probably... my parent's divorce. Dad was a politician, and though he tried he wasn't that successful. I...I guess mom got fed up...

I-I'm sorry, can we just... not talk about this?

» What is your best memory/memories?
Kuma, my stuffed polar bear. Call me childish, but I bring him everywhere. It was a gift, although I don't know from who. He appeared in a box on my bed one day when I was a kid, but I've loved him ever since.

I also have a lot of good memories with my brother.

» Where are you now? What are you doing with your life?
Right now I'm in University, studying biology and zoology. I want to learn more about my favourite animal, and how we can help preserve their population. Polar bears are an endangered species, you know.

My brother and I are very, very close, and even though we're not always together we make sure to keep in touch. Once I graduate I'd like it if we could maybe get a place together, a-at least until our lives start becoming stable. I mean, he doesn't have to agree, but... I'd like it if he did. I don't think I spent enough time with him as a kid.

OoC INFORMATION
» What is your name?
Apollo Pompano, Mattie, Canny, etc.

»What time zone are you in?
GMT -5 (Canadian Eastern)

» Do you have MSN, AIM, or another way we can contact you?
MSN/AIM/e-mail: apollo_palm_tree@hotmail.com
DA: apollo4

» Any last words?
Some parts are subject to change as family comes along. Also, I tend to play a bit of a Snarky!Canada. There are some things about his personality that I didn't write, because Matthew would either not know it about himself or not want to share it.

At first he's very softspoken and shy, but once he gets to know you he really opens up. He also tends to be quite sarcastic at times.

Back to top Go down
http://apollo4.deviantart.com
Antonio FernandezCarriedo
Admin
Antonio FernandezCarriedo

Matthew Willams {Canada} [accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matthew Willams {Canada} [accepted]   Matthew Willams {Canada} [accepted] EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Awww I really liked this application! Nice job. You are accepted. Free to start posting, and please change your name to 'Matthew Williams'.
Back to top Go down
https://worldreality.rpg-board.net

Matthew Willams {Canada} [accepted]
Page 1 of 1